I love breakfast waffles. This dairy free version adds a lot of fiber to your diet--try it, you'll love them! We even eat them for dinner.
Makes four waffles that can be frozen for 1-2 months and toasted. Lasts in the fridge 1-2 days.
- 2 cups ground flax (measured after grinding)
- 1 tbsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened nut milk (I use coconut)
- 1/3 cup oil (I used olive)
- herbs or extracts if you want extra flavor (I like mine plain)
Directions: Preheat griddle while mixing all ingredients together in a large bowl. The batter will thicken up the longer it sits so start making waffles right away! Spray down your griddle and section the batter into four. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until desired waffle consistency is attained. There is around 4 net carbs per waffle depending on nut milk used--water can be substituted for a 3 net carb meal (but it will change the flavor).
Let me know if you make these and what you think!